IFR CAT 2 Base Wear Bottoms
Designed to be worn under FR garments for increased protection, this base layer is made of inherently flame-resistant fabric that will not melt in the event of accidental exposure to heat or flame, adding protection instead of adding to injury.
This protective undergarment is made from soft, stretchy fabric that moves with you, fitting snugly without restricting movement. Smooth flatlock seams and soft feel fabric provide a comfortable base layer that can be added to a layered FR garment for increased protection.
These FR base layer bottoms are available in colour: Grey
- Made of soft feel, inherently flame-resistant fabric
- Increases protection when worn under FR garments
- Flatlock seams
- Enhanced comfort back
6.75 oz soft feel interlock
45% modacrylic, 45% rayon, 10% para-aramid
- This FR long sleeve features smooth seams that are sewn flat to ensure the two pieces of fabric stay together
Enhanced comfort back
- adds to comfort and mobility
Size and Fit
Form-fitting stretch comfort
Arc Rating ATPV 10.0 calories/cm2
Hazard Risk Category 2
Complies with the following safety standards and regulations:
- NFPA 2112: Standard on Flame-Resistant Clothing for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Short-Duration Thermal Exposures from Fire
- NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
Designed to be worn under FR garments for increased protection. These FR base layer bottoms may be beneficial to workers in industries including but not limited to: petrochemicals, military applications, auto-racing, volunteer and professional firefighters and utilities. This may include electrical, chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemicals utilities, and those working with ferrous metals such as foundries, flame-cutting, and welding
SIZING CONVERSION CHART
* take measurements wearing the same undergarments you intend to wear with this garment, and take the fullest part of your body (be it the chest, stomach, or hips) into account for the most accurate measurement
* Please note the weight row is provided as a best guess option and should only be used when this is the only measurement provided.
How to Take Measurements for a Perfect Fit
For most of these measurements, you will require someone to help measure and read the measurements.
Remember to ask someone you are comfortable with and to respect everyone’s comfort levels. It is beneficial to discuss the measurement process briefly beforehand to ensure everyone is comfortable and you are able to get an accurate measurement.
- Stand in a straight, natural position
- Lift your arms up, parallel to the ground
- Using a tape measure, wrap the tape around the fullest part of the chest
- Then, drop your arm down naturally to your waist and take the measurement from the side
- Hold arms parallel to the floor
- Bend your arm slightly into the chest, towards the collarbone, to test a range of motion
- Start the tape measure at the base of the neck, then measure across to the shoulder
- Continue the tape measure down to the elbow, then down to the wrist bone
- Measurement should end where you want the garment to sit at the cuffs, ensure your arms will be fully covered and protected while endings before extra fabric becomes a nuisance or hazard
- Remove any belts or any items from the waistband and pocket area
- Take measurements over the shirt (or any other garment) that will be worn under the garment you measure for
- Stand straight in a natural, relaxed position
- Ensure the individual isn’t holding in their stomach so the garment can be comfortable at all times
- Measure around the waist, just below the belly button
- Remember that uniform pants are usually worn higher than casual pants for enhanced mobility and flexibility on the job
- Hold the measuring tape snug to the individual’s waist, but not too tight
- Allow two fingers between the measuring tape and the waist for some give
- Keep in mind that everybody is unique
- Measure the fullest part around the abdomen to ensure the garment will fit the widest part of an individual’s body snugly and comfortably
If you require assistance, feel free to contact customer service at 1-888-440-4668
There are no reviews yet.